Saturday, August 16, 2008
Saturday, July 19, 2008
Thursday, July 3, 2008
We had so many entries, thank you all so much!! All of the children were so adorable, we really had our work cut out for us. Thank you all again and congratulations!
P.S. the winner of the $50 gas card is Rischel L. with almost 100 hits from her blog, wow!
Monday, June 30, 2008
Note: I will be in Honduras from July 4th -13th and will have limited email, I will answer all emails when I get back. Can't wait to post some pictures from our trip!
Tuesday, June 24, 2008
if you were wondering what I've been up to;) We have been out of town three weekends in a row traveling 3+ hours one way, each time. It's good to be home, it seems like I have been packing and unpacking nonstop for the past three weeks, um, probably because I have! I did a newborn session a few weeks ago, Miss "A" was just a doll, such a beautiful little thing. I have been behind on my blogging since I have been gone so much so I thought I would catch up a bit, I still have more but for now this will have to tide you over;)
I thought I'd throw a bit of a vintage spin on the second one, I love a little vintage:)
You may recognize this little sweetie, she is on my website as a newborn wrapped in a hawaiian blanket, LOVE her big brown eyes! This was one of my favorites from the session.
And, of course, I have to share an outtake...she's still soooo cute!
Saturday, June 21, 2008
If you are trying to contact me, I have lost my cell phone, you can email me at email@example.com until I receive my newer model;)
Thursday, June 19, 2008
- If you have a blog, post a little somethin', somethin' about this contest and create a link to our blog (http://www.myposhportraits.blogspot.com/)
- A statcounter will keep track of the referring blog
- The blog that refers the most hits to this site will receive a $50 gas card (now who doesn't need that right about now?) and some of the cutest stationery you've ever laid your eyes on from one of my favorite places, Paper Source.
As you can see it's as easy as 1, 2, 3 (ok, I'm a nerd)
Thursday, June 12, 2008
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY for what we are looking for:
- Model search starts Thursday, June 12th at 11:30 pm and ends Tuesday, July 1st at 11:30pm (PST)
- Entrants (parent/legal guardian of child) must be at least 18 years of age and live within 30 miles of the Seattle area or are willing to travel to Seattle to participate in the shoot (entrant is responsible for travel/airfare).
- Open to children 6 monthes to 5 years of age, boys and girls. Child must fit into clothing size 6 monthes to 4/4t. Current clothing size must fit comfortably on child.
- Child must be able to sit with little assistance.
- Send a digital image of your child to firstname.lastname@example.org , image must be NO LARGER than 2mb.
- Each model that is chosen will be required to sign (parent/legal guardian) a model release form authorizing the use of their images.
- Forms must be signed within three days of winner notification, in the event the release is not signed during this time an alternate will be chosen.
- Each model that is chosen will receive a package with a retail value of $250 or more, including free portrait session and 8x10, additional prizes to be announced.
- National publicity as featured models on thedapperbaby.com.
- Invites and participation in the West Coast red carpet launch event to be held this fall 2008, including runway event featuring fall clothing fashions (all models will be walking the runway wearing clothing from the photo shoots)
Again, please submit images to email@example.com 2mb or smaller. Please include your name, number, mailing address as well as the age and clothing size of child. Winners will be announced on or around July 3rd, 2008.
BONUS: Spread the word and receive a special prize. Put a link on your blog to this model search, the blog that sends the most hits to our site will recieve a special prize (a statcounter will keep track of the referring blogs).
Subscribe to Bella's Image blog by submitting your email in the box to the right to recieve the latest news, updates, and contest deadline reminders.
Wednesday, June 4, 2008
Disclaimer: If you are a blog addict or are a recovering blog addict I must advise that you not click on the links above as this may result in more daily computer time, inspiration overload, or a complete relapse for those who are recovering;)
Thursday, May 29, 2008
Until next time have a blessed day :)
Monday, May 12, 2008
Friday, May 9, 2008
Thursday, May 8, 2008
Friday, May 2, 2008
I must also add that my son LOVED this outfit, when we put it on him he said "Mom, can I keep this on, can we take it home?". He is getting to the age where he is noticing clothing trends and when I take him shopping he lets me know his opinion, he'll say, "No mom, that's not cool!" how funny!
Saturday, April 26, 2008
Saturday, April 19, 2008
Wednesday, April 16, 2008
Thursday, April 10, 2008
Tuesday, April 8, 2008
Congratulations Jenny and Ty! I am glad you were able to brave the arctic winds for a few peaceful moments ;)
What a gorgeous bride!
After delays due to weather we finally began the bride and groom session when the groom received a phone call (make that two phone calls), it was a little hilarious and I couldn't resist the photo opportunity!
Wednesday, March 26, 2008
Monday, March 17, 2008
Wednesday, March 12, 2008
Wednesday, March 5, 2008
A little more than four years ago I was pregnant with my first child. Pregnancy is such a happy time of joy, hope, anticipation, and the wonder of new life. I was fortunate to share my pregnancy with my dear friend and co-worker, Sarah*, who was also pregnant and nearly one trimester ahead of me. We shared kicks, hiccups, heartburn:) and of course the eagerness to meet our new little bundles. We had both had healthy, "textbook" pregnancies. After carrying her little girl for 37 weeks Sarah noticed a change in movements (or lack thereof) she thought that maybe the baby was just running out of room. When she shared her concern with others working in the office we all told her to leave the office and go straight to the Dr.'s. As a pregnant mother you worry so much about EVERYTHING; hair dye, paint fumes, movement, too much activity, not enough activity, and the list goes on. We all figured she could go to the Dr.'s, hear the heartbeat and have some peace of mind (after all, this was her second pregnancy and she had never had any complications). She did leave and she did go straight to the Dr.'s office, they could not, however, detect a heartbeat. Again they checked and still no heartbeat, an ultrasound was done and every mothers worst nightmare had just been confirmed, the tiny heart showed no activity, her baby had died. Sarah's husband now had the task of calling the office, family, and friends to tell them the news, we were all in shock and devasted and yet we could not even begin to imagine the pain that they were going through. After several hours of labor Sarah gave birth to a beautiful baby girl, baby Grace*, perfect in every way, born to Heaven. Handprints and footprints were made, a lock of hair was clipped, and photographs were taken, an attempt to preserve her perfection and remember it always. I remember my first visit to see Sarah after the funeral, that is when I learned she had several pictures of Grace taken by the nurses in the hospital. Sarah showed me the images of her first daughter, she was beautiful, with her round little face and the most perfect lips I've ever seen, had I not known the sad truth I would have thought it was a picture of a mother holding her infant as she slept peacefully in her arms. My heart was broken for my dear friend, I didn't know what to say or what I could do to help, what do you say to someone that had just lost something so precious? Sarah later discovered that her otherwise healthy baby girl had died as a result of the mother's body recognizing the baby as a "foreign object" and began to fight against her tiny body. I wish I could tell you this a unique story, unfortunately the tragedy of infant loss affects many families each year. "Now I Lay Me Down to Sleep" is a non-profit organization of photographers, that donate their time and talents to the healing process of families facing the tragedy of infant loss. The "Today Show" ran a special about NILMDTS, which I felt was beautifully done. As an affiliated photographer it is my hope that more people can be aware of this special service that is available. The following clip is a touching story of the gift of photography for a family facing infant loss.
*the names in my story were changed to maintain the families privacy.
Monday, March 3, 2008
Saturday, March 1, 2008
Friday, February 29, 2008
Tuesday, February 26, 2008
My sister-in-law is getting married at the end of March, we did her engagement photos this weekend. Here are a few of my favorites from the session. Congratulations Jen & Ty, thanks for the photo op!
I love this picture, what a cute couple!
Thursday, February 21, 2008
Sariah R. of Redmond and Melissa F. of Bonney Lake!
I will be contacting you by email to set up your sessions.
Also a reminder that there is still time to enter the Bella and Max $50 gift certificate drawing until Feb. 28th.
Friday, February 15, 2008
Just a reminder that the contests will be ending soon so if you or somebody you know is interested in a free children's session or a $50 Bella and Max gift certificate please scroll down for the guidelines. Thanks for visiting!
Friday, February 8, 2008
Thursday, February 7, 2008
Wednesday, February 6, 2008
Wednesday, January 23, 2008
Tuesday, January 22, 2008
I wanted to do something fun for the New Year so I decided to offer two FREE children's sessions to some lucky ladies, plus check out my $50 Bella and Max gift certificate giveaway below! Here are the details (PLEASE READ CAREFULLY):
- The child must be 13 years old or YOUNGER on February 25th, 2008 and be available to photograph between Feb. 25th and March 1st, 2008.
- Must be 18 years or older to enter.
- Must live within 30 miles of Kirkland/Seattle eastside area.
- TO ENTER, click on the photography website link, go to "contact" and fill in your information. Enter "Free session" under SUBJECT. Enter your home address in the comments section.
- Only one child is eligible for a free session, if you win and have more than one child you would like photographed there is a $25 charge per additional sibling.
- Session will take place in your home or location of your choice (within mileage specifications).
- In an attempt to not overload my email, only ONE ENTRY per family please!!
- Each winner receives up to 2 hours of photography and all usable images on a disc.
- Winner(s) also receive (1) 8x10 of their favorite image and (8) wallets.
- Entrys will be accepted between now and February 20th, 2008, 11:30pm PST.
- The winner(s) will be chosen at random when my son says "dat one" (We're really technical around here :)
- Winner(s) will be notified via email on February 21st, 2008 and must respond within 48hrs to claim there session.
More Fine Print...If chosen, the winner(s) agree to allow Jennifer of Posh Portraits by Jennifer to use any and all images from the session(s) for website, blog, or other advertising purposes. To protect the privacy and safety of the children and their families, the winner(s) first name and last initial will be posted only. PLEASE NOTE: If you are entering this giveaway you are consenting to all of the terms and conditions presented.
Phewww... Now that I've got that out of the way, I am so excited to meet the winners and create some great images! Check back in March so you can meet them as well!! Good Luck!
Monday, January 21, 2008
Just to let you know how excited I am about my new find I am giving away a $50 gift certificate to use at Bella and Max so that you can experience the shopping bliss!! If you are suffering from post Christmas shopping withdrawls and would love a chance to check out Bella and Max's latest duds with a $50 certificate in hand, drop me a note!
- Go to my photography website (link to the right) and go to the "contact" section. Fill in your info and enter "Bella and Max" in the subject section and your HOME ADDRESS in the comment section.
- PLEASE only ONE ENTRY per household
- Entrys will be accepted starting at 12pm noon (PST) on January 21st, 2008 and ending on February 28th, 2008 at 11:30 pm (PST)
- Winner will be chosen at random and contacted via email on or around March 1st, 2008.
- Winner must be at least 18 yrs. old and must claim their certificate within 48 hrs of being notified.
P.S. If you should happen to take a trip to the Country Village, listen for the bell, that means a fresh batch of Kettle corn has just been made, yum!